Monday, March 2, 2009

the comforts of mom

I'm feeling kind of blah this morning. Partly because it's Monday, partly because my mother-in-law has a tough test today with uncertain results, and partly because the visit with my own mom has come to an end.


We had such a wonderful week together of talking, shopping, doing stuff with the kids, and celebrating our birthdays! Here's the compilation of sewing accessories I made for my mom.


This sewing table caddy helps keep miscellaneous items from getting set down and lost! It's also a great place to temporarily store loose threads to throw out later.


This scissor caddy I hope will come in handy to store scissors and protect the points.


You can never have too many knickknack bags! It'll be great for buttons, a tape measure, pencils, etc.


I found this pincushion tutorial from paper.string.cloth . I'm really happy with how it turned out. And it's reversible!


It's amazing that I can be living on my own, have my own family, be taking care of others, and yet I find that I still need my mom. She just brings comfort and a chance for me to unload all my cares. Not only was it fun to get out of the house and do fun activities, but our times of sharing we so precious. Thanks for everything you do, Mom! I miss you already.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

you're going to make your poor mom cry!

Lisa said...

Yeah, I think you're right. And today's her actual birthday no less! Sorry, Mom!