Saturday, April 12, 2008

She finally paints!

So even though I been feeling pretty cruddy because of a bad cold, I forced myself to at least do something on Thursday (my one day when everyone is in school). These are not my original ideas - just some cool watercolors in a cookbook that I like. It's a good exercise for me to just imitate the painting style. Next time - when I'm feeling better - I'll branch out on my own as well.

Here's a closer view. I really enjoy using pen and ink with the watercolor. I still think I need to push myself to add depth to each image.
This one is pretty fun. My parents are taking a trip to France in May and I've asked them to take lots of photos of "scenes" that I can paint in watercolor. This reminds me of something they'll see at some villa there.

No comments: