Saturday, February 7, 2009

fat quarter fun!



I've been having so much fun with SewMamaSew's Fat Quarter Month! So far I've made these cute doorstops for the kids (Worker uses his like a beanbag rather than holding his bedroom door open!), I made one super-easy travel tissue holder so far,


I'm participating in the Fat Quarter Swap, and I'm looking at making some cute purses or wristlets! Here are my fat quarters all ready to get mailed out. I can hardly wait to see what I get!


It's funny, because I've been telling myself that I'm a painter (watercolorist), and yet I haven't painted very consistently at all. And when I do sit down to paint, it feels like it's a chore. However, now that I'm NOT calling myself a 'painter' anymore and I'm just being creative with fabrics, I'm having a blast! I'm so much more relaxed about this whole creativity thing now. I'm still working on my art quilt, and I'm really enjoying that. But for now, participating in Fat Quarter Month has given me little daily fun to dabble in my creativity using fabric.

Thanks to Sarah, I made this cute sewing machine cozy.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

love that birdy!

Lisa said...

thanks - fusible web is my new friend!